Located in the Raffles Arcade, these five Residence Suites feature either one or two bedrooms and enjoy private access. Ideal for guests who seek large spaces during their stay in Singapore, each suite comes with a living and dining area, a kitchenette, an intimate office space, powder room and bedroom. These comfortable homes-away-from-home are named after famous local cinemas from the early to mid-1900s – a tribute to the days when the hotel’s neighbourhood was known as “The Place of Cinemas”.
The Alhambra Suite is a one-bedroom suite that was named for the Alhambra Theatre, which was opened in 1907 by motion picture industry pioneer Tan Cheng Kee. Located along Beach Road, the theatre subsequently became the first air-conditioned theatre in Singapore when it was bought by the Shaw Brothers in the 1930s.
Opened in 1947, the Diamond Theatre was located along North Bridge Road until 1977. Specialised in screening Tamil movies, the one-bedroom suite Diamond Suite is dedicated to this movie theatre.
Located along Beach Road, the Marlborough Theatre was opened in the 1930s by the Shaw Brothers. Its heyday was in the 1950s and 1960s, when the area was made popular by the original Satay Club, a favourite gathering place for the local community to enjoy authentic hawker fare, and the Marlborough Suite is a one-bedroom suite that epitomises this piece of history.
The one-bedroom Theatre Royal Suite is named after Theatre Royal, which first started as a Malay theatre situated along North Bridge Road. The theatre then switched to Indian movies from the 1950s to 1970s, the golden period of its colourful history.
Opened in June 1953 by the Cathay Organization, Odeon Theatre was very modern by the standards of that era. The only two-bedroom suite, Odeon Suite commemorates one of the city’s most successful cinemas.