In conjunction with our 135th birthday and to commemorate this momentous occasion, a copy of our Resident Historian, Mr Leslie Danker’s book will be included – A Life Intertwined: Reminiscences of an Accidental Raffles Historian.
Enjoy daily breakfast for two at Tiffin Room, the Raffles Heritage Evening experience for two at The Grand Lobby, a specially curated trishaw ride around Raffles Singapore detailing the locations mentioned in A Life Intertwined: Reminiscences of an Accidental Raffles Historian and an autographed copy of the book.
About A Life Intertwined: Reminiscences of an Accidental Raffles Historian
This book chronicles Mr Danker’s 50-year legacy with the hotel with a keen focus on the years between 1991 and the latest restoration which was completed in 2019. Interspersed with clippings, illustrations, notes and photos of our illustrious history, ‘A Life Intertwined’ is a nostalgic recollection of Mr Danker’s personal stories and reminiscences of the hotel. Recounting his first visit to Raffles Hotel Singapore when he was 18 years old, from his first position as the hotel’s maintenance supervisor in 1972, his personal recount of the transformation of the Grand Dame through two restorations, to his journey of becoming an ‘accidental historian’ shortly after the first restoration began in 1989, because of his in-depth knowledge of the hotel.
The book is available for sale at Raffles Boutique in-store and online.
Terms and Conditions
- This staycation offer is valid for stays from now till 23 December 2022.
- All package inclusions are to be utilised during the stay.
- All reservations have to be fully pre-paid at time of booking and is non-refundable.
- Offer is not valid in conjunction with other promotions, discounts or loyalty programmes.
- Prices stated are in Singapore Dollars, and will be subject to 10% service charge and 7% government taxes.
- Advance reservations are required for our Fitness Centre and Pool facilities.